artisanal gelato cake X FRANZESE
Our Gelato Cakes are easy to make and completely delicious!
- - 2L Franzese Gelato (any flavor
- - 1L tub Cool Whip Whipped Topping
make a cookie mixture with Grahm crackers and butter.
assemble the cake
- Remove Franzese Gelato out of the freezer 20-30 minutes before making the cake, allowing it to soften
- Combine the crushed Oreos and melted butter
- With a springform pan, remove the round bottom from the sides. Place a piece of parchment paper on the circled bottom and clamp the bottom back onto the sides. If parchment paper is poking out the sides, cut the reserved off.
- Place half the cookie mixture onto the parchment paper and press down to cover entire bottom.
- Top the cookie crumble with half the softened gelato
- Add a layer of fresh whipped cream or cool whip to the gelate, followed by a layer of drizzled strawberry sauce (or any sauce to compliment the flavor of gelato you have.)
- Repeat cookie, ice cream, cool whip and Sauce layers once more.
- End the layers with a decorative drizzle of your suauce or cookie crumble if you have some left.
- When finished, place your gelato cake in the freezer for at least 3 hours to harden. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before cutting into it.
- If adding fresh fuit and decorative whipped topping, do this after it's hardened and just before serving.
For more recipes like these visit Jamie Kamber’s blog.